Here in the midwest we’re all too ready for spring, and the wonderful experiences of being outdoors and enjoying our beautiful yards, gardens, patios, pools, and properties. So here are some tips to help you get your lawn in great shape for spring and summer enjoyment!
- Seed your lawn as soon as possible.
- Water regularly.
- Don’t mow until grass is about 3 inches high.
- Set the mower blade so that it doesn’t cut lower than 2″.
- Resist the urge to mow too low – taller grass tends to choke out weeds and resist summer heat.
- Fertilize only once grass is tall enough to mow.
- Using organic fertilizer helps protect native animals and pollinators.
Vacation in your own backyard! Contact Herstad Landscaping today! 608-305-2446